We believe in craftsmanship -- people doing what they love and doing it well. It’s the driving force behind everything we do and we have enormous respect for those who bring dedication, talent, and experience to their work. That’s why, at Able Sense Publishing, we work with insightful experts to share their knowledge, skills, and stories with you.
Call for Submissions
Able Sense Publishing invites pitches from insightful experts looking to share their knowledge, skills, and stories. The how-to paired with the why-to and the how-it-went.
Who do we mean? Artists and artisans, craftspeople, builders, designers, farmers, brewers, and cheesemakers – dedicated types armed with ideas about their work. Thinking doers, if you will.
Pitches should include a detailed outline of your proposed book project, a sample of the work in progress, and some notes to help us situate you (are you a known entity in your field, have you written shorter pieces, been interviewed about your work?) and gauge your ability to contribute to the successful marketing of your book (we strongly encourage thinking outside the big-box).
Please send submission packages or queries by email to email@example.com. Note: At this time we are only considering pitches from authors based in Nova Scotia.
Cook with Kindness by Chantal Coolen
- "The Kind Cook Book" in Local Connections Magazine - Winter 2014
- "The Kind Cookie goes from blogger to author" in the Chronicle Herald - January 14, 2014
- "12 days of Christmas cookies" recipe feature in the Chronicle Herald - December 12, 2013
- Global Morning News - December 5, 2013
- CTV Morning Live - November 26, 2013
- "Flip for (and through) Cook with Kindness" in The Coast - November 20, 2013
Straight from the Line by Jason Lynch
- "What to give your favourite foodie" in Saltscapes magazine - Winter 2013
- Feature in NSLC's Occasions magazine - Winter 2013
- Book review by Kathy Jollimore of eathalifax - November 6, 2013
- Book review by Kelly Neil - October 3, 2013
- Global Morning News - August 13, 2013
- CTV Morning Live - August 8, 2013